I chat to Anna Lee Anda, UX research at Zendesk for S2E8 of This Mobile Life. This podcast is about mobile user experience research. Anna is based in Singapore. She’s worked in UX & product. Anna shares some great insights into SaaS user research from Zendesk. Previously, she worked at Seek, one of Asia-Pacific’s largest recruitment marketplace. Anna has also worked on ANZ’s Go Money app which has millions of downloads.
We met many years ago when we both lived in Melbourne, Australia. We have similar backgrounds in law/accounting, before moving into the world of tech. It was awesome to chat to Anna.
Topics we discussed
We share insights from different perspectives about mobile user experience research. Anna from UX perspective and myself from a product manager state of mind. Here’s a summary of what we spoke about.
1. How did you get into doing user research?
2. You’ve done some product management. What is the overlap & differences between product & UX research?
3. How regularly do you do user research?
4. Why cadence is king in SaaS
5. How do you do user research for a mobile app?
6. How to rig up a mobile testing device – Macgyver style!
7. What’s the typical process you do when conducting user research?
8. What’s the tech scene like in Singapore?
Listen to the podcast
Press the play button below to start listening! Join the 1,200 people who subscribe to This Mobile Life by Inspiredworlds.
Like the podcast on mobile user experience research? Please rate it 5 stars on iTunes & share it with your friends!
Mobile device testing sleds
One of the topics we spoke about were the challenges of recording user testing sessions on mobile. Here are some low tech DIY setups using mobile sleds. I’ve also used Quicktime and lookback.io as well.
I’m out like the Cronulla Sharks winning their 1st premiership,