Our first podcast interview for 2016! In episode 5 of This Mobile Life we discuss marketing mobile games with Justin Carroll from Monastery. Justin is known for building loyal audiences for mobile games. He has worked on brands such as Call of Duty, Mortal Combat X, Guitar Hero, Avengers, Lep’s World and more. He is based in Pennsylvania, USA.
In Episode 5 we cover:
1. App discovery
2. Building brands & building a loyal audience
3. Business model of Free-To-Play
4. Why Justin hates advertising in mobile games
5. Why you need a value proposition for your mobile game
5. Future of mobile gaming
6. Why King is crushing it with Candy Crush & casual games
7. What happened to Angry Birds (Rovio), Zynga, and Draw Something?
I believe a lot of these points on marketing mobile games can also apply to other apps & products. Mobile games make up majority of top apps downloaded in App Store. Mobile games have also introduced a lot of innovative business models & experiences which influence the business of mobile. If you need help with marketing your mobile games, def hit up Monastery‘s blog and newsletter. There’s some great content there.
Listen to the episode here:
Episode 5 Show Notes
Here are the links and notes for the episode
Marketing Mobile Games
Monastery (Justin Carroll’s business)
Fruit Ninja by Halfbrick
The Quote: “Precision beats power and timing beats speed” by Connor McGregor.
I’m out like New Year Greetings,